Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Manicotti? Cheese Lasagna?

A few days ago I planned to try America's Test Kitchen's recipe for Manicotti. It called for briefly soaking no boil lasagna noodles in hot water to soften them up. Then you spread the ricotta filling on the noodles and roll them up. Well I couldn't wrap my head around this and I couldn't get the idea to match up with the picture in the recipe book, so after a few failed attempts at roll-ups, I gave up and decided to make a cheesey lasagna with the filling.
I should have left the lasagna to set up a bit more. Lasagna is tricky to serve anyhow. I think without any meat in it, all that cheese made it a slippery lasagna anyhow. Hef's dad likes to get a lot of protien, so I served him some meatballs leftover from a different ATK recipe. So it goes in the kitchen, sloppy but delicious.

5 comments:

The Fab Furs said...

Presentation is all well and good--but what really counts is the taste.

bunnits said...

Well, looks good, anyway. Yum.

RG said...

THAT is the MOST god-awful looking, good looking stuff I've seen in some time. What the hell - just eat the plate!!

LOS said...

RG! Now, now, remember your communication skills. I was thinking the same thing, though. Best looking stuff I've ever seen. Those glob of cheese were true culinary works of art.

I've got to find my new ATK book. It's under a pile of papers here somewhere. Heeelllllpppppp!!!!!!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

There is just something so yummy about hot melted cheese. It looks really good to me!
xx, shell