Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

This maybe my new favorite recipe! It is delicious, easy, no bake and chocolate and peanut butter! What more to ask for? Also this is my grandma's recipe so it's extra special. I visited my grandma and she explained the recipe to me. There is a recipe for the crust and the filling and the chocolate sauce, but as my grandma said she usually just buys a chocolate crust premade and uses chocolate sauce on top so I will talk you thru both ways. The one shown is with store bought crust and chocolate sauce. I put a big W on it because I took it to work.
Peanut Butter Pie
Crust: 1 1/2 cup crushed chocolate cream filled cookies (oreos) or chocolate wafers (or buy one)
1/4 cup Sugar 1/4 cup Melter Butter
Combine and press into bottom and sides of 9" pie pan.
Filling:
1 cup Whipping Cream 8oz Cream Cheese 1 cup Sugar 1 cup Peanut  Butter (I actually used reduced fat and it was still delicious! My grandma always uses Peter Pan) 2 tbsp melted butter 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
Beat 1 cup whipping cream until firm, set aside
Beat 8 oz cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in 1 cup Sugar, 1 cup Peanut Butter, 2 tbsp melted buttter, 1 tbsp vanilla extract.
Fold in Whipped Cream
Turn into chocolate cookie crust
Decorate with chocolate topping
If you want to make your own chocolate sauce:
Melt 2 oz chocolate, 1 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp oil
NOW GO MAKE IT AND TRY NOT TO EAT THE WHOLE THING!

7 comments:

The Fab Furs said...

Sounds delicious! For me, the only way not to eat too much is to not make it in the first place.

Anonymous said...

YUM!

LOS said...

OMG! I'm on it. May have a couple of questions ... but thanks for sharing. You get extra points in the After-Life when you share recipes like this.

Don't believe in the After-Life? Then you can trade the points in on cookware.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh my....yummy!!!!!

RG said...

BL - when are you on it???

(Loving this Bunny Lounge service for ordering from the menu for The House of Rabbits!)

bunnits said...

Yum, yum, yum, yum!

RoadBunner said...

Looks yummy! I will try this one day!