Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Maybe good news & an Olive Bunny

At Wendy's we have a summer contest sort of employee of the week thing and each store gets a team name. At my recent suggestion we are the Grand Island Rabbits! In other work news there is an opening for Shift Manager and I am "hinting" (read: really bugging) my boss about promoting me, keep your bun toes crossed about that.
In a bit of bun serendipty I was watching Jaques Pipen on PBS yesterday and he was doing decorations out of food. He made a delightful little bunny out of a black olive. Super simple to do so I tried immediately. All you do is cut a sliver off the bottom of your olive then cut a little triangle out of that for ears. Then you carefully make a slit in the front and put the ears in. When Hef's dad came home from work I showed it to him. he promptly ate it.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Best of luck to you with the promotion, although Hef looks so cute in the wendy's hat I think he should be promoted!!!

The bunny olive is adorable. Although I must confess I probably would have eaten it too. LOVE black olives lol.

You must let us know ASAP whether you get the promotion!!! We will keep our fingers AND toes crossed!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I know fast food is isn't the greatest job in the world, but in most places the turnover is so high and the quality of worker they attract so low that a smart person can move up quickly and end up with a fairly decent income. One of my high school friends paid her way through college managing a McDonald's. Oh, sure, some people sneered, but she graduated without debt.

It's that way for nearly all food service, I think. I went from newbie waitress of an Italian place at 19 to newbie assistant manager of said establishment at 20. Rapid advancement is food service's not-so-dirty little secret.

Good luck, hang in there, and who knows, you could end up a corporate type with a six-digit salary, which is more than some PhDs can say. And in the meantime, that little cap sure makes Hef look spiffy!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for your promotion!
Hef's dad is a bunny killer. hee,hee,hee.

RG said...

Good luck.

Ate the piece of art? WHATTT?

Read in, I think, a recent New Yorker magazine about McDonald's head chef! It was a FINE assignment! So hint hint ... there is more to fast food than square.

After a little more experience I see a gourmet little hole in the wall there - Hef's Place - known far and wide - all the Bills come for the Beef Bourginon.