Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Forget Wendy's! Try this!

I spent a good hour making a really nice resume so that's all set. Let's get back to real food that people should actually eat. First up was a dinner I made, part Julia, part modern day. The chicken is coated with French's fried onions and baked, the recipe is on the French's website. Don't make extra, the coating goes to mush. The other is peas. Sugar snap peas cooked up in Julia Childs solution for frozen peas. MY GOODNESS! Hef's dad hates peas but when he came into the kitchen and saw the leftover peas he said "Oh, are those for my lunch tomorrow?" I said "No, I'm eating them now," Isn't eating leftovers out of the pot after dinner fun? So then Hef's dad was disappointed and said they were delicious.
'
Then on Sunday I made a crock pot soup called Zuppa Romana. It is italian sausage and zucchini and pepppers with bowtie pasta and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Very Good!
But we had a mishap! Hef's dad doesn't cook much or do much in the kitchen, but he likes to crush garlic. However on Sunday he crushed the garlic crusher! Tonight I am going to make more peas ala Julia, canned this time.
P.S. In Memory of poor little Pancakes we have started our easter decorating early.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow. You are making me hungry! And I just had my lunch!!!!

I also am completely useless in the kitchen, and I too LOVE to use the garlic crusher. Why is it so ridiculously fun?!

Carmen S. said...

Both of those meals sound delicious! Will keep my fingers crossed you get your promotion:) Very sad thing with Pancakes:(

Fez and the Gang said...

Oh my gosh! Must make those! ALL OF IT! Looks delish.

:( Pancakes... I am so upset over a bunny I never met. Good idea on early Easter decorating.

RG said...

Boy, we have finally gotten an industrial strength crusher!!

Anything with Italian sausage in it has a real good chance!!!!

I like left over niblet corn out of the pan!

We are able to grow sugar peas in our summer here. They NEVER make it to a pan!!!


Poor Pancake's people - how heartbroken.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

David and I love those peas too. So yummy!
Not sure who pancakes the bunny was, but always makes me sooooooo sad. :(
Hugs to his family.
shell