Friday, June 24, 2011

Bandit's on Probation!

Last night Hef's dad stopped in to see me at work. He said he didn't want to get rid of Bandit! So she's sort of on probation. Hef's dad said she could stay as long as she doesn't have another incident and I have no intentions of letting that happen!
I bought her a muzzle today for when company is over or she is outside off leash.
 I hate to muzzle her but bette safe then sorry, we live in a one bite law state. Also it makes her very docile. She layed in the hall today while I went in and out of the house bringing in groceries. It doesn't seem to hinder her breathing, and she can stick her tongue out and drink. She stuck her tongue out a lot, it was funny. Of course Bandit is also wearing her training collar again, and if she is in the backyard she has to be on a tie out. I'm feeling pretty confidant that enough precautions are taken to prvent more incidences. We let our guard down and it almost cost us Bandit, so I'm not going to let this happen again!
"Well, if its this or leaving, I'll put up with it!"

7 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Awww....crying tears of JOY for you!!! SO happy she gets to stay! You can always put up a nice long run for her out back and that way she can still explore some and such but not get to the neighbor that she doesn't seem to like;) Hope it works out, I *know* how hard it would have been on both of you to see her have to leave ((hugs))

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Yippee!! I think you are doing all the right things to ensure everyone's safety and happiness. Good for you and good for Bandit!
xx, shell

Jade said...

Yay! Glad to hear that a solution has been found--I hope the neighbor is okay with everything.

Lisa said...

YAY for not having to give her up! I think you have the idea, just take precautions, that's all. Maybe it's better not to take her outside without a leash at all? Hope your neighbor's bite is healing? Maybe he will forgive? Anyway, I am so so happy for you and Bandit and Hef's Dad!

Mrs. JP said...

Good for you. You can do it!!! All Bandit needs is lots of exercise and rules, boundaries and limitations!

RoadBunner said...

I am so glad you found some strategies to allow Bandit to stay!! We're rooting for you!

SixBunnies said...

We have a dog that will attack anybody who is out in his or her yard or jogging by, if she's allowed to go out in the front yard without a leash on. She's about 1/3 of the size of Bandit, so she's not as much of a threat, but she could still bite somebody. She was a very neglected and abused rescue, so we want to make sure she has a "forever" home, which means a lot of accommodating.