Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bandit's test results!

Wow, wow, wow! Bandit's test results just came in. On one side Bandit is a purebred German Shepherd, on the other she has a great grandparent that was a mixed breed and one that was a Alaskan Malamute. Aren't you shocked? I sure am! So basically thats 75% german shepherd and the other 25% is a mix. Also the test says that the Alaskan Malamut is a small perscent that shouldn't really be used in ancestery calculations. Weird! I hope that makes sense! I dare say I am a litte disappointed Bandit isn't a purebreed German Shepherd, but she is really darn close! .

3 comments:

The Fab Furs said...

Mixes are good. They can be more resilient. Shadow likes to play in the snow, what does Bandit like to do?

Lisa said...

She sure looks like a purebred! No wonder you have two snow dogs ;)

TFF is right. Mixes have fewer congenital health problems.

Michelle May said...

Mixes are good. The overbreeding issues don't come through and they live longer. Good thing indeed!
xx, shell