Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Today we remembered!

"Oh good! We remembered! Uh... what'd remember Mama?" We remembered to write up the frittata recipe! "Oh? Well I don't eat frittatas..."
Anyway, I did remember to write down the frittata recipe. I got the idea from Shape magazine but if I served Hef's dad low fat cheese and egg whites only, I'd be out the door! Here's the recipe:
Veggie & Cheese Frittata


Serves 4

Prep 15 minutes

Total 25 minutes

3 teaspoons olive oil divided

1 cup diced tomatoes
I used homegrown, from our garden...


1 clove garlic minced/crushed

1 can spinach

6 eggs

3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

S&P

Plave oven rack abou 6 inches from the broiler.

Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a oven safe skillet over medium. Add diced tomatoes and garlic. Saute for 4 minutes. Add spinach and stir to combine.

In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in spinach mixture and cheese. Season with S&P to taste.

Heat oven to 375 degreesF.

Heat the remaing two teaspoons oil in the same pan. Add egg mixture, reduce heat to low, and shake pan to spread out ingredients. Place pan in the oven, bake for ten minutes until mixture is set.


Turn on broiler, continue to cook until browned, remove, and slice to serve.

It was yummy and Hef's dad said to make it again soon, so somebody better make it!

4 comments:

The Fab Furs said...

Looks good and sounds relatively easy. Now if I could only get my husband to eat eggs and cheese with vegetables included.

LOS said...

Oh yum! It looks like pizza! I'm having that the second day that RG won't be here. The day after our anniversary.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

It looks fabulous. Thanks for the recipe!

bunnits said...

That looks yummy. I gotta try it.