Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Little B at the vet!

Unfortunately I realized in the car I had called the wrong vet, but I really wanted to get Little B spayed and started with her shots, so we went anyway. I was nervous because I had bad experiences with this vet, muzzling Shadow, giving me a lecture that Big Bandit should never be around children, etc. but things went pretty well. The vet told me that Little B has all her adult teeth, so she has to be at least 7 months old so it's finally confirmed she is 8 months old as I was told. Little B was very well behaved, she listened to my commands, and just sat and watched as two other dogs nearly got in a dog fight. She made me very proud.
So Little B got her rabies and distemper, and she is scheduled to get spayed a week from today, Valentine's Day, the poor thing! She got a puppy package, which included her shots, and some starter flea medicine, heart medicine, id tag and spaying. 
The first thing the vet said was that her ears were standing up nice, boy are they!
 Now we are going to take on the task of Mastering the Art of French Cooking this afternoon. We are going to attempt Cream of Mushroom soup as a surprise for Hef's Dad since he is obsessed with the Campbell's version!

6 comments:

Jade said...

Sounds like a good vet visit--we'll be thinking good thoughts for LB when spaying day comes.

Carmen S. said...

What a good girl sitting pretty:) will be thinking of her on V-day!

Sharon said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Your shepherd is beautiful!

RG said...

Good Luck with the next vet visit!

Cream of Mushroom soup? What a waste of perfectly good cream. (I HATE mushrooms!)

But still - I bet it came out good!

bunnits said...

Glad that turned out well. Little Bandit was such a good girl. And she does have lovely ears.

I made Cream of Celery recently because we eat a good bit of the Campbell's variety. I'm waiting to hear how your CoM turns out. I'll probably want to try it. We eat a lot of that, too.

Lisa said...

Yay! Goooo LB! Good luck with the Cream of Mushroom adventure! I love mushrooms but I don't eat cream of mushroom since I found out pretty much no Campbell's soup is vegetarian (or progresso, or pretty much any mainstream canned soup brand). Oh well. Enjoy!