Monday, November 23, 2009

Unfortunately....ACHOO!

Yup, there is a lot of sneezing going around. I have a cold. Hef's dad, very sadly appears to be allergic to cats. So our kitty visitor has to go. Its tough, since I have grown up with cats all my life it was nice having one around again. We are currently trying to find her a good home. Hef's dad is also sad to see her go and she would have been a welcome addition to the bunny lounge if it were possible. On the bright side Hef sees this as time to start asking for a doe again.

5 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Maybe Santa will bring a Doe for Hef?? I got my male as a companion for my girl and they are both "fixed" but sadly it was hate at first sight so they live apart:)

Lisa said...

DO IT!!!! I cannot recommend bonding enough. I had a lot of concerns before I bonded Biffy, but Sogna was the best thing that ever happened to us. Biff still has a spunky, somewhat fickle personality but his downright nasty streak has subsided almost entirely.

In response to Carmen C.'s concern, you should see if your local rabbit rescue has "bunny speed dating." That's what we did. Biffy was allowed to meet about six different (fixed) does and the experienced volunteers were able to help me choose the best fit based on his reaction to each doe. Many shelters will be glad to help you with this.

The Bunns said...

Sorry about kitty. Our new "outside" cat is tring hard to be an inside one ... :<(

Deb Cushman said...

Sorry that Hef's dad is allergic to the cat.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I truly think a doe would be the perfect gift for Hef man this Christmas. Sorry kitty has to go though.